Holding on to the Feelings of Summer - My Bucket List
Summer is almost over. August has ended and September has arrived. The days are getting shorter and the nights a little bit cooler. Only a few days remain before the start of fall.
So where has the time gone?
It feels like only yesterday we were celebrating the fourth of July and I just saw Halloween decorations at the store (yikes!) What’s most sad for me is the list of “still to do’s” - the things that I haven’t gotten around to doing yet. You know, the “I have plenty of time to do that” things.
But I’m not giving up hope just yet. I’m determined to hold on to the feelings of summer for as long as I can. And I’ve created a summer bucket list to keep me on point. Here it goes.
1. Take a lounge day at the beach. This is something I keep saying I will do as I drive by the beach most days, jealously watching people hang out. Carefree.
So with a good book, something cool to drink, my big hat and shades, I’m there. Nothing soothes the soul more than the sound of the surf and the warmth of the sun.
2. Go on a bike ride. A long one. My poor bicycle has been sitting neglected in the corner of the garage for way too long. It’s time to hit the trail, slow down the pace of travel and cover new ground.
It’s a great way to take in new sights and adventure.
3. Take a hike. I love walking and hiking is another way to slow my pace, appreciate, and connect with the great outdoors.
4. Go Camping. Open air, open fire, a game of bocce ball and sleeping under the stars is always a treat - a retreat. This is way over due.
5. And finally, what’s a summer without a good ole’ backyard BBQ? Good food, good drinks, good friends.
This really should be a monthly ritual and is a perfect way to wrap the summer season.
I'll hold off on welcoming fall and the rush to the holiday season just a little bit longer and savor the quiet remaining days of summer.